Fender amp I found

Stinky

I found a Fender guitar amp the other day. I would swear it said it said "London Chorus" on the grill. It is what appears to be an early 80s, 100 watt tube amp with a single 12 inch speaker.

I've never seen this amp before and am wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks and Rock On!!!-Stinky

Can you take a picture? If you open it up and look at the PCB, it will be dated, that will give you an approximation of the correct year it was made. I don't know about that exact amp. I'll try to find out for you.

H2H

Wow, I've been unable to find much on these amps at all! Seems like there was a "London Reverb" amp in the early 80's that was designed by Paul Rivera. But I couldn't even find info on that amp. If you can, list the type and number of tubes, pics would be great, but if you can't take pics, describe the knobs, controls, and faceplate. Also, what is the label on the speaker.

We'll get to the bottom of this:)

H2H

I'll Check it out

I don't think I can take a picture of it, but here
are a few descriptive points.

-Two tubes, bluish in color, but I didn't notice any numbers on them.
-Row of early 80s-looking knobs across the top.
Some with push/pull effects
-Spring reverb
-No built-in overdrive
-No standby switch I could see

I'll check again on the face plate to see if it does indeed say "London Chorus" or "London Reverb."

Thanks so much for your reply and ROCK ON!!!!---Stinky

more info...

"The London series was made from about late '82 to '87 and was available as a head, a 2x10 combo(with standard or EV speakers) and as a 1x12 combo (standard or EV speaker)....the amp was rated at 100 watts. Featured a contour control, selectable gain boost and a three button footswitch. Originally listed for $580 for the Head, $899 for the EV 12 combo, $749 for the standard EV 12 combo, $949 for the EV 2x10 and $799 for the standard 2x10. "
-willie, Fender Discussion Page

Thats some pretty good info there!

H2H

When you say you found it, what do you mean? Do you now own it, how does it sound (assuming you played around with it). By the sounds of it it might be a bit of a rare amp; might be worth 'snapping it up'.

Pawn Shop Special

It's sitting in a pawn shop. I played it a bit, but couldn't turn up 'cuz some pawn shop guys were listening to Achey Breaky Heart or some shit.

I'm definitely interested, especially now that I know it's sort of a rarity. We'll see if it's still around and maybe I'll put yet another piece of gear in layaway.

Thanks and Rock On!!!---Stinky

Back