Fellow SM7B/SM7/SM7A users...

kojdogg

bollocks redux!
Does your SMeven say "SM7" on the band around the middle or "SM7B"? Most of the stock photos linked to retailers say "SM7", but I've seen a bunch of photos taken by users with pics that say "SM7B".

I'm just wondering because I got a good deal on one and it says "SM7" on the middle band.

Last edited:
My 2 SM7s just say SM7 (surprise). My SM7B says SM7B. Does yours have a completely closed back plate hiding the EQ switches, or are the switches exposed?

they're exposed-- there's a back plate with four screw holes and slots for the switches

My 2 SM7s just say SM7 (surprise). My SM7B says SM7B. Does yours have a completely closed back plate hiding the EQ switches, or are the switches exposed?

My switches are exposed--but mine (SM7B) came with a plate to cover them after they're set. (I left the plate off.)

My switches are exposed--but mine (SM7B) came with a plate to cover them after they're set. (I left the plate off.)
yeah on mine it seems like there's just one plate that says "SHURE" on it and then slots for the switches

I bought both of mine ("SM7b") new -- just looked in the boxes, and sure enough, there's a little cover plate. Obviously I never put them on.

Hmm. OK, I see that my SM7B has a plate too, although it's in the box. Both SM7s I have came with the plates on and I assumed that the SM7B had no plate, but I'm apparently mistaken. Not the first or last time I'm sure. Carry on. :D

Back