Fellow Delta 1010 owners please read:

maestro_dmc

Uses Paramedic EQ
Has anyone else had this?

I have a weird one. The power supply for my 1010 has developed a very strange rattle. When it first started to rattle I thought it was a mouse scratching around behind my computer. It is a mechanical kind of sound, not like an electrical popping. There are no side effects so far with the 1010 itself, the P.S. isn't even getting hotter than normal, just the rattle. Almost like a little switch inside is moving back and forth rapidly. It is a pretty annoying and unnerving sound. It sounds like it's about to blow!

Last night I was going to open it up and see if could see anything obvious with it, but there are no screws. I could still pop it open, but I figured I'd ask around here if anyone else has heard this sound, and what did you do about it. I don't want to have it fail at a critical moment, and the noise is bugging me, but I started thinking about how the noise stops when I shut down my computer, even with everything else powered on, so maybe the 1010 is the problem, and a new power supply would have the same issues/noises?

I am emailing M-Audio to see what they say about it, I'll report back.

replacement power supplies for the 1010 are available on the M-Audio site which is handy if you live in the UK...you can buy USA 1010 for half the pricene then buy the UK power supply still saving over £100

I'm sure I could get a PS with little difficulty. As I said I'm not yet sure if that will solve my problem. I haven't heard back from M-Audio yet, I post when I do.

Thanks Lemontree.

Back