Feedback Wanted On Apple, Apogee Duet 2, Logic X, Thinking to UPGRADE

Protocall

Hey guys!

I am just looking to get some feedback from other people that have experience with iMac computers, or other apple products such as lap tops, and how Pro Tools 11 compares with Logic X, and apple with comps when it comes to recording, mixing and mastering ( I have not bought a MIDI keyboard yet :(

I am currently on PC with PT, however I am thinking to buy an apple comp to get Logic X + I will still be able to use PT and compare both experiences.

I have recently recorded at a friends studio, and he has Apple, Logic 9, Duet 2 compared to me, PC, PT10, Mbox mini (3rd gen).

It seems for vocals, Logic vs PT is a big difference. It almost seems that there is less effort put into logic to really maximize presence, and overall quality of the vox. I don't have much experience with either, Duet 2, Apple or Logic, I am not sure because it is all Apple products maybe it works even better synchronized together.

Pretty much, I am amazed at how crisp, and up-front vocals come out on logic, with so much less effort. I seem to spend HOURS, on vocals trying to get them to sound just PERFECT, while you can effortlessly do something in Logic with less time.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. So pretty much I am thinking of buying , iMac ( the 1550$ one ), Logic X , and Apogee Duet 2, and I already have Presonus Eureka + AT4047 to go with it :) .

Back