Feedback/suggestions on Demo track?

The kick drum is almost absent for most of this. I would bring those backing vocals up a touch more as well.

The rest sounds capably captured.

[love me some CCR from time to time]

The male backing vocals may be a little too loud, but definitely more audible now! I didn't even hear the male vocals in the first mix. lol The lone female backing track is what I was thinking of bringing up, as it fits well with the lead vocal track.

The kick is at least there, although by today's standards it's still real low in the mix. However, this sounds a lot like the CCR recordings from the era so if that's kinda the point then it's probably fine.

[enjoying the other retro covers on your SC page ;) ]

Yeah thanks! Just came back from band practice where I played the latest mixes for them. Our bass player had also suggested the backing vocals be raised. He likes them now (played through a PA), but I'm thinking now I raised them too much. Will have to keep tweaking. I'm mix in headphones cause I don't have proper monitors, which isn't helping. Thanks for listening to our other couple of demo songs. We recorded Stray Cat Strut today (modern for us!), with male lead vocal. I'll post that once I get it mixed. We're also working on Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, and an original tune.

Thanks again for listening. I really appreciate the feedback,
J

Last edited:
Back