Feedback on some songs please :)

Chrisdb

Sup guys, not been on here in a while, I recorded a couple of songs over summer just for a project. I'm still a bit of a nube with recording but I'd really appreciate it if I could get some feedback from you guys on the songs and quality. I'm mixing a third one to put on at the moment.

Cheers ;)

Here's the link http://www.myspace.com/copherhirst

P.S. Also on my voice which I'm still quite self conscious of.

God the new MySpace layout sucks :o

The House That Spoke: The newsclips or whatever they are playing in the background are annoying. They're not audible and just make it sound like you recorded with the TV on (which you might have)

Here Comes Peace: That high pitched synth that came in made me turn off the song, sorry, but it hurt my ears. Your vocals sounded pretty good, though drenched in reverb.

I enjoyed the house that spoke. I love the background noise. The house is speaking to me as well. Very soothing guitar playing and i like the build up part. The violins are wonderful. Man you did a good job on that one.

Here comes peace is cool. I like the voice. I appreciate the time you spent on the dynamics of the song. Take some reverb off of the vocals. tone the harmonies down a little. Your voice is good it should stand out more.

I am glad I checked this music out.

Clong

Yes it does indeed suck, ah well the news clip was just to set the scene a bit did you listen till the end of the song, it changes considerably. The 'synth' is actually a glockenspiel reversed. I felt it added ambience to the track but maybe I just need to turn it down in the mix? I thought it sounded different anyway.

I enjoyed the house that spoke. I love the background noise. The house is speaking to me as well. Very soothing guitar playing and i like the build up part. The violins are wonderful. Man you did a good job on that one.

Here comes peace is cool. I like the voice. I appreciate the time you spent on the dynamics of the song. Take some reverb off of the vocals. tone the harmonies down a little. Your voice is good it should stand out more.

I am glad I checked this music out.

Clong

Cheers man much appreciated :), I'll probably take some reverb out like you say and maybe turn down the glock a little? And I'm glad you got the sort of setting the scene thing for The House That Spoke.

"The House That Spoke"....(literally)...yes the TV going in the background is messing up the soothing feel of the guitar. This is just my personal opinion, so I hope you don't take it badly, but the guitar playing becomes a little too redundant between the 2-3.5 minute mark...least it covered up the TV though ;) Maybe add a little more variety with the lead or something?

"Here Comes Peace"....I don't think you should feel self-conscious of your voice. From what I can tell here you sing just fine, but it's hard for me to understand what you're saying. Maybe turn the effects down a little more as FunkDaddy suggested.

thanks for sharing your work!!

I really liked here comes the peace. Very Bon Iver'ish. Seeing that I myself love ambient reverb drenched vocals I like what you're doing with them but the masses may not. Maybe a compromise and dry up the lead vocal while leaving the supporting harmonies in their reverbial glory.

Back