Feedback on mixes. May I have it?

Savannah

Ferae Naturae
So why do they have to be MP3s? Eh. Okay, I'm pretty new to this mixing business. I'm always learning, and I'd love some tips and whatever. The songs sound weird and abrupt in some places. I'm aware. I'm more looking for general impressions to help me improve. Warning: Pop Music Ahead

https://soundcloud.com/savannahland

Pretty good. What do you use to make your music?

As for the mix, I think it is a little (very little) lacking in bass. But I am listening through headphones because my desktop crapped out on me. I could give it another listen through my setup later. For the most part, I really like it.

Oh, wonderful! Thanks very much. Um, I might sound silly answering your question because I'm not fluent in this language yet, but I'm using Reaper; some VSTs that I found, Minimogue and Pterosaur being my favorites; and percussion samples that I've picked up in various places.

Very nice! Your English is fine--better than many at my college actually :facepalm:.

I'm trying to get into the synth and sample music making. It's much harder than I imagined it to be.

Too much dynamics for dance music, this is the first time I've ever said it here but you need to squash those tracks.

Yah, this is how you say? Sehr embarrassing, yah?

Wo ist mein handy?

How many foreigners have you met who use semicolons? I'm a 27 year old Brit and I only started using them six months ago! :p

lol -cause she meant isn't fluent in our geeky audio nonsense, not english:)

Yah, this is how you say? Sehr embarrassing, yah?

Wo ist mein handy?

How many foreigners have you met who use semicolons? I'm a 27 year old Brit and I only started using them six months ago! :p

Guise! Just let me be embarrassed in my corner and leave me alone!!

sitting-in-the-corner1.gif

Whoa. Okay, halt. We do not correct Savannah's grammar. Nope. Class is now in session. When listing things as I was, one typically separates them with commas. However, when one of the items includes a comma, it is proper to instead use semi-colons. Enlightened.

She used it wrong though. :p

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, my tracks look more like overgrown meadows, haha. The one in your signature looks like a... Well, you know.

Too much dynamics for dance music, this is the first time I've ever said it here but you need to squash those tracks.

Whoa. Okay, halt. We do not correct Savannah's grammar. Nope. Class is now in session. When listing things as I was, one typically separates them with commas. However, when one of the items includes a comma, it is proper to instead use semi-colons. Enlightened.

Oh damn. You're right. You're right. The whole reason I made that statement was that a semicolon is used, generally, in three ways.

1. To join two independent clauses without a transition expression

2. To join two IDs with a trans. expression.

3. To be used in a series containing internal punctuation.

I did not see that first semicolon after you said "Reaper." You used it correctly.

This is embarrassing, being the English major that I am. :( :facepalm:

I think I'll head back to that corner now.....

Oh damn. You're right. You're right. The whole reason I made that statement was that a semicolon is used, generally, in three ways.

1. To join two independent clauses without a transition expression

2. To join two IDs with a trans. expression.

3. To be used in a series containing internal punctuation.

I did not see that first semicolon after you said "Reaper." You used it correctly.

This is embarrassing, being the English major that I am. :( :facepalm:

I think I'll head back to that corner now.....

SemiCoLoN SmAcKdOwN.

Great tunes, you have a natural skill at writing/arranging. My 2 favs Sounds like music and My Friends arent models.

Hey Savannah - i am liking the vibe of your tracks! would be cool to hear more drop outs leading us back into the choruses.

My problem is that when you call something "SavannahLand", then at some point I expect a girl (perhaps called Savannah) to start singing. But this is all instrumental, perfectly good instrumentals mind you (when it isn't stodgy Kick snare - which it often is - in fact the stodginess is often deliberately amplified with excessive percussion/bass ducking)... it needs a vocal.

Hey, you must be the person to whom I just wrote on there. That's a good suggestion. Half of the songs that I hear cut the beat for entire sections. Much more interesting. I should try it more often.

Hey Savannah - i am liking the vibe of your tracks! would be cool to hear more drop outs leading us back into the choruses.

That's right. Shamelessly raised by mainstream radio. I didn't mean to get anyone's panties in a bunch. I haven't started vocals yet, but I promise that they'll be there. Pinkie swear.

My problem is that when you call something "SavannahLand", then at some point I expect a girl (perhaps called Savannah) to start singing. But this is all instrumental, perfectly good instrumentals mind you (when it isn't stodgy Kick snare - which it often is - in fact the stodginess is often deliberately amplified with excessive percussion/bass ducking)... it needs a vocal.

Back