Feedback on mix

Wow that's a loud master! Sounds very big and clear, nice job there. Mix sounds good, balanced. Drums sound kinda fake and mechanical.

No vocals ? I'd like to hear what you've got with vocals.

Thank you for your reply. Glad I'm on the right track overall it seems. No vocals yet on most tracks. Just started tracking those. I will definitely post something for feedback when I get to mixing those in. The drum tracks were recorded with the kick, snare, and toms on pads through Superior Drummer 2.0, with live mics on the cymbals. Maybe they are too even in velocity? Or too "perfect" on the grid? I originally had them more "humanized", but I ended up thinking that the track sounded better overall to me when they were basically right on the grid. The kick always had a little bit of a sound I didn't like because the sample used doesn't have a separate Left and Right kick sound. Maybe I'll work with those more. I was worried about too much "power" in the low end, resulting in some muddiness, but it was sounding close. I used Izotope Ozone 5 to master at the end. Anyways, thanks again for checking it out and giving some feedback.

Back