Feedback needed

too new to this to be super specific, but the guitar could be louder during the verse. Seems to get lost behind the vocals, drum, and bass. Maybe boost the keys a bit too. Same for the guitar solo, could be more prominent.

I'm not hearing much of the drums, apart from cymbals, during the louder part of the song. It feels like the mix was built from top down rather than bottom up. I would suggest starting there. Get the kick, snare, and bass, and vocals balanced, then start adding the rest.

Drumkit needs to me more balanced, kick is mud and cymbals too loud and bright. Guitars should cut better in the mix and be pushed upfront. In general things need to be more glued together in my opinion.

I thought the overall mix was good. Drums were not as pronounced as I think they could be for this sound. More snare and kick would add to this mix. Guitars is a judgement call, I could see them being more pronounced, but I can also see them where you have them.

I don't think this needs a make over, just some tweaking to give the drums a place and maybe little more guitar. Everything else sounded rather good.

I think the kick and snare could be more proeminent in the song, though the OH's volume is fine to me. The vocals are fine, nice double track going on. Bass is fine aswell and I think you could raise the guitars a little bit.

I think it sounds pretty good, I'd like to hear the snare a little more. The vocals might be a little dry and forward for me. Really cool song, love the intro.

not sure if remixed, but most of the level-issues sound ok to me here. i'd critique the harsh cymbals on both sides. very splashy/washy/harsh. made worse when hit in combination. what are you using for that "windy/phaser-y" sound in the intro? i really want to add that kind of ambiance to my tracks.

It's like Pink Floyd meets early Grand Funk Railroad.

Sounds like some of my early tape mixes...the kick just disappears. I think the top end of the kick sounds really washy too.

I think the level between the bass and the vocal is ok, but I think the kick is low and I think the guitars sound small, and that may be a volume issue, or it may be a tone issue, or it may be both.

It sounds like you're recording on one of those standalone multi track recorders that doesn't have a lot of good editing features, an at2020, cheap fostex and headphones or something lol. The intro man. Why? What was the point of it? It's like a minute of waste. If I couldn't have forwarded it I would have just left and not listened to it. It's not a bad demo :D

Back