Feedback Destroyer

I've never used one, and I'll bet you could find a much better way to spend $139 (list).

It takes a good FOH soundman with experienced ears to guarantee a smooth performance, and feedback is just one aspect of it...

Mic placement and EQing worked for many years before this box was invented.

We've used one live for about 6 months and really like it. We only use it for monitors and it really does help. That's where the majority of the feedback seems to occur anyhow (usually because the band wants the monitors so loud). If you use it with a rock band where the guitar player plays with feedback for his sound it can mess him up unless he can hear his amp. Remember it locks onto and cancels feedback. Don't use it on your mains especially with rock for that reason or the audience won't hear it. You can save the settings too. I save the settings for each venue we play in. That way when we come back I just pull up that setting and the monitors are ready. Most of the time I can set it without the band on stage before sound check by opening all the mics and turning up the gain until feedback starts. You'll hear each filter kick in and attenuate the offending frequency as it starts to feedback. Sure it's not a silver bullet but it does help. Especially if you're limited on setup/sound check time. I thinks it's pretty good bang for the buck.

DD

When my band practices we use feedback destroyer(the behri one)
And i gives us more volume and no annoying feedback!
My bass player/Live sound guy and myself,, we both understand what is required to do a good FOH mix with no feedback from owning and running a club downtown for two years.

But when youre just doin band practice..
Youre JUST doing band practice!
And its nice to have a feedback destroyer, take care of the loose ends so you can focus on the music!

Back