feedback before we hit the big studio

fenix

this is just a preproduction before we hit up the big studio. Any comments on mix, production, etc would be appreciated.

thanks

IF you're going into the studio to do a better version, let them worry about the mix, they'll do it fine anyway.

I like the song a lot.... I really like the sound of the vocals.... reminds me a bit of something else, but I'm not sure what...

Arrangement and all that sounds fine to me.

Only real part that bothers me is the vocals at 2:50, the deCIsive part is a bit off.

In general though, I likes.

Do you know what kind of guitar amps are being used?

I think the vocals should be a bit louder, at least in the chorus. The songs pretty good, although I think it's missing...something. It really has potential but I think it needs something to really put it over the edge. And yeah the vocal bit that matta mentioned is worth reworking.

If you could add a lead guitar line in the verse and beef up the chorus with some vocal work and maybe a little extra guitar, it might really help. But that might just be my personal preference talking. I'm a sucker for songs that sound really huge.

cool song

I like! I also think gumplunger may be spot on on his advice. His suggestions could turn this into a more interesting and enjoyable listen The guitar buries the vocal alot on the "following you". The kick drum seems to get lost rythym wise at times. But hey, those are just my observations, what the heck do I know. Good luck with it! Lotta energy. I like it more with every listen actually!

~airdvl~

Agree with the prior post.

The little stop beat occurs too many times in the song. It becomes anoying by the end. Keep it in the bridge and maybe at the end.

Back