FD-8 to CD-R Recorder??

soulgrind

Hey,
I am looking into purchasing a Fostex FD-8 and I was wondering if i could hook an external CD Recording Device up to the SCSI port of the FD-8??
Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks graciously,
soulgrind

The answer I think is no.
It looks like the SCSI port is worthless.
If your defenition of media independent is a zip250, a zip250, or a zip250... Well you get the picture.
If you have a cd burner with an optical in, it might work.
Or you could get a soundcard with and optical ADAT in. I saw one on mars music for 150. Then you could burn on the puter.

But do yourself a favor, call the at 1-800-7fostex before you buy anything. Not very many compatible anythings.
Feel free to rip their marketing and manual writing departments new assholes.

-Jett Rocker

I have the F-D4 and just bought a PHILLIPS CDR785 recorder.Your F-D8 should have an optical out in the back,its a little black plastic plug.Thats what I use.It plugs into the optical in on the recorder.Very easy.Twelve foot optical cord at RADIO SHACK is $44.00.The F-D4 manual says to go to the setup menu(or something)for DIGITAL OUT,but that only allows you two chanels to be recorded.That may be the right way to do it but I just set my 4 INPUT SELECT buttons down to TRACK,set the SELECTOR to (LR),preview the mix to my liking,start the recorder and hit play on the F-D4.I also compress the music once,sometimes twice with my Alesis 3630(which by the way works just fine)for all you 3630 haters.Compressing involves mixing down to two tracks and playing it out of channels 3 and 4.Good luck. DS

Do a search in this forum. I believe its been said here that the only thing that will work with the SCSI port is the Fostex standalone CD burner

Twist

Back