FD-4

Donny

I've been using my FD-4 to record live and am having some trouble. I'm using an ORB drive. Last time I recorded I had to reformatt the disk. I then recorded 32 songs in master-1 and 10 of the songs had large blank spots in them other than that it recorded great. Anyone had this trouble and what can I do about it? Donny!!!

Yeah, I'm having the problem with my fd-8. It would create skipping sounds on all tracks when recording. I've sent the orb drive back. I'm working on getting fostex to take the fd-8 in for warranty repairs, but it has not been easy.
Two voice mails a day for two weeks and still no reply. I've heard of others having similar problems with the internal drive, the zip 250, and syquest drives.
I have no answers for you, but I'll post when I talk to Fostex.

-Jett Rocker

Thanks

Thanks jet-rocker for the reply. I'm going to play with the thing some more and I'll post my findings. I don't think it's the FD-4 I think it might be the drive. My first thoughts were that I had the drive setting on stage with use and it got bang around. I haven't rulled that out yet. Also wondering about the formatting of the disk I'm going to reformatt it again and as soon as it's done do it again. The reason for that is that I recored somes tunes when I first got the drive then wanted to clean the disk so I formatted it and on my next recording session I could hear some bleeding from the first recording. I love the little unit and using the ORB drive I can record a little over 6 hours (one track) but thats what I got it for so the band can listen to all our mistakes HA,HA. Later, Donny!!!

Please, someone fathom these damn multitrackers out! It's meant we had to scrap our EP, and that was a real drag.....

Back