Favorite speaker for bass

Cuzme

Hey y'all,
I'm in need of a speaker replacement for a fifteen inch 70's polytone bass combo amp. Any suggestions? Or comments on different brands of speakers (for bass)?

Much love,
Cuzme

You left out two important data: How much power must it handle, and how much money do you have?

I'm guessing the Polytone doesn't push more than 200 watts. Any contemporary 15" bass-instrument speaker should be able to handle that. I'd start with Eminence. The Kappa Pro is a very good driver, but it's heavy and probably overkill for the Polytone. Check out their Delta series.

AGCurry said:
You left out two important data: How much power must it handle, and how much money do you have?

I'm guessing the Polytone doesn't push more than 200 watts. Any contemporary 15" bass-instrument speaker should be able to handle that. I'd start with Eminence. The Kappa Pro is a very good driver, but it's heavy and probably overkill for the Polytone. Check out their Delta series.

Oh yeah, sorry about that. 100 watts...and money is no object when it comes to sound. I'm not rich but music is my life and I'll save and save and save just to not go half assed and to get the best possible sound I can get. After all, my career could be on the line.

I'll check out the above. Much love and thanks!!!
Cuzme

Back