Favorite guitar song

Dude--even as I'm reading and replying to this post, I'm editing video and using Joe's "Friends" as the soundtrack. Kinda fun to slip my tastes into a potentially dull work project...

I like your taste in guitar songs as well!

This has always been one of my favs, but pressed to the task, I would call it my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOsgv_X_cV8

Peace!

~Shawn

If that IS "Friends" (they block Youtube from my office), then that's definitely one of my favorites too.

My favorite guitar solo, though, is Satch's lead break on "Until We Say Goodbye." It literally has everything - feel, technique, and tone to die for (from a guy not really known for his lower gain stuff, no less).

Here's one of my favourites, pretty obscure and unusual but well worth checking out: 'Roisin Dubh' by Thin Lizzy (its also known as 'Black Rose' in English), great piece of 70's rock with celtic-trad-speed-metal ending. Cool lyrics too, you might want to be Irish to catch most of the references though...

Pretty hard to compile a short list - I could way more easily put together a top 10 but that would take too much time and I'm in work and I got calls to make!

Last edited:
If that IS "Friends" (they block Youtube from my office), then that's definitely one of my favorites too.

My favorite guitar solo, though, is Satch's lead break on "Until We Say Goodbye." It literally has everything - feel, technique, and tone to die for (from a guy not really known for his lower gain stuff, no less).

Shawn original post was Flying in a Blue Dream--it just obviously reminded me of Friends.

That was mine too. The studio version is so much better though. It just runs the gauntlet of guitar virtuosity and the tones are amazing..

I actually preferred the live version from the first G3 album - it was a little looser, a little more off-the-cuff, and a little more dramatic, somehow. The studio version just seemed a little too pristine.

Like everybody else, mine changes on a daily basis, but lately it's been Northumberland West by the Sadies. I can't listen to that twang and not smile.

I always like the intro of Metallica - Master of Puppets, fun to play.

Lately I love playing Lamb of God - Redneck, I think it just makes me happy that I was able to figure out how to play it, cuz that shit is fast and hard to figure out, and hard to play! I don't get a lot of practice at that kinda music, cuz I dont have any guitars tuned really super low, and LoG is a regular drop-D tuning, so I've been working on that lately. It's fast and difficult, it's forcing me to get fast and accurate, and I can really tell the difference. Songs that used to be hard for me are a snap since I've been playing this stuff.

Back