Favorite guitar player quotes.

64Firebird

"If you want to learn how to make songs yourself, you take your guitar and you go to where the road crosses that way, where a crossroads is. Get there be sure to get there just a little ' fore 12 that night so you know you'll be there. You have your guitar and be playing a piece there by yourself. A big black man will walk up there and take your guitar and he'll tune it. And then he'll play a piece and hand it back to you. That's the way I learned to play anything I want."

Robert Johnson

"Dreamin' don't get it done"
"Practice, practice, practice"
"Sleep with it"
"The guitar is an extention of you"
"I should have played key's"
"Location, location ... Oh wait..."

Joe Perry (Aerosmith): "man , we're so straight we sleep in fishing rod cases" SPIN Magazine ca. 1986

"if it sounds good, it is good."
-- Eddie Van Halen.

"Who said a song needs words?
Tell Beethoven that, and he'll kick your ass!" -Eddie Van Halen.

"I don't play rubbish."
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

"music is magic." - Jimi Hendrix.

this isnt a quote..butttt

robert johnson was seriously the coolest blues man around. i watched a thing on him awhile ago, called "hell hounds on my heels"

hes got to be one of my favortie guys around...just all time great guy. his blues really touch something deep down in me..

freak

i dont have any quotes :-(

well maybe i do, this one time i asked my friend to turn down his reverb, and he said "i cant do that, i dont know how"

Probably my favorite quote ever (and I'm an English teacher... lol):

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best.

Frank Zappa

"My voice sounds like goose farts on a muggy day." ...or something to that effect...

Leo Kottke

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff." — Frank Zappa

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." — Frank Zappa

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. " — Frank Zappa

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." — Elvis Presley

“When it ceases to be fun, quit.” — Elvis Presley

Quotes from one of my favorite bands....,

Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not widely reported. - David St. Hubbins

As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll. - Mick Shrimpton

We've got Armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening. - Nigel Tufnel

:p

another Kottke quote

"I tried taking up the picolo, but it was like trying to blow air thru a screwdriver"

Leo Kottke

"Ah, thswhah umm, guifobth cough! Cough!, umm fkni shome cough!"

Keith Richards

From any recorded conversation during the last 25 years

he's not a guitarist, but it's worthy of the thread...

graham bonnet (with thick english accent) referring to yngwie malmsteen...

'he's a penis with fingers'

This is paraphrased but Johnny Lee Hooker said something like,
"Blues began the day Adam laid his eyes on Eve".

I always liked that.

(Pardon the vulgarity, if it offends you.)

"You fuck with the baker, you get a bun.
You fuck with Ted and you get none." -- Ted Nugent, from a Hit Parader interview

Pete Townshend on his guitar:

"I don't polish it up every night, I play the fucking thing."

Back