fatten up inline accoustic guitar on 2488II?

jwgeetar

hey guys, i use the 2488II and i wanna fatten up my inline accoustic guitar. i say this cause for months i am not impressed with the sound i'm getting. and i can't always mic the things i wanna do. so....

1-for one i'm gonna bounce a track to another track to double it..
2-i have a 3 band eq on my accoustic and a 3 band eq on my tascam.

thats not enough. do you think i should add a 31 band rack mount eq to fill it out more---in line before the board? has anybody done this and is it worth buying a 31 band eq over?

it's the cheapest thing i can think of without going to the Fishman Aural imager for over $300. and i haven't tried the Fishman yet but was thinking about it.:confused: thx

hey guys, i use the 2488II and i wanna fatten up my inline accoustic guitar. i say this cause for months i am not impressed with the sound i'm getting.
1-for one i'm gonna bounce a track to another track to double it..

An inline guitar will always sound like one. I'm not saying you can't improve it a little, but good sound always starts at the source. If you have a thin sound to begin with, it's really hard to go get frequencies that aren't there to begin with.

Bouncing a track to another track does absolutely nothing other than make it louder.

If between the two 3-band eq's isn't enough boost or cut? Maybe it isn't an eq' problem.
I'm presuming a piezo?
IMHO Dress it up, eq it, fix it, it still quacks'. I tried this Korg 'ToneWorks AX10' that actually sounded like a buch of acoustic mic styles' is emulates -at first.. Then after a while your ear sort of clues in on the sound of these huge eq curves it uses to get there. Ick. I say this having about resolved that the piezio sound is just not all that pleasing. You can hide it in chorus and delay ('doubling and such is one version of 'fat) and fix it enough to the point where it really may as well be something else.
That's about the point where I grab the electric, play it squeaky clean'.. give up pretending it's something else. :D

If between the two 3-band eq's isn't enough boost or cut? Maybe it isn't an eq' problem.
I'm presuming a piezo?
IMHO Dress it up, eq it, fix it, it still quacks'. I tried this Korg 'ToneWorks AX10' that actually sounded like a buch of acoustic mic styles' is emulates -at first.. Then after a while your ear sort of clues in on the sound of these huge eq curves it uses to get there. Ick. I say this having about resolved that the piezio sound is just not all that pleasing. You can hide it in chorus and delay ('doubling and such is one version of 'fat) and fix it enough to the point where it really may as well be something else.
That's about the point where I grab the electric, play it squeaky clean'.. give up pretending it's something else. :D

yea---i try to mic it and EQ it from there.that way,more options but not always an option when the accoustic is the main driving instrument, keeping the rhythm to a hopefully good take. maybe the end Mastering process will improve it.....:cool:

Don't count on it. Yours is a tracking/mixing issue. Mastering won't do a thing to help or change that.

yup---it's a different issue. i was considering of of those $300 accoustic modelers, gonna try one out at GC next week. it's just sad i gotta try to enhance an already great sounding Martin guitar---more.:rolleyes:

home studios have their drawbacks...:(

Back