Fatal1ty AN8 MotherBoard?

13th_Omen

I am an avid gamer and therefore know of this Fatal1ty fella. He is considered a professional gamer. He has his own line of motherboards, one for Pentium and one for AMD. The AN8 is made by ABIT and supports socket 939. Being as this motherboard is engineered for gaming, would it also be desirable for a DAW?

I am about to upgrade my PC. I currently am running a P4 2.66 533 FSB and need more juice. I have my heart set on an AMD 64 due to it's incredible bus speed. Would this be a good board for the AMD 64 3200 or should I just go with the ASUS A8V Deluxe?

Also, have any of you AMD64 users had any conflicts running SONAR 3 PE? This is a huge concern of mine!

Definitely go with the AMD 64-bit chip. The performance boost if anybody ever starts writing x86-64 DAWs would be substantial, as the x86 architecture is, by nature, register-starved, and x86-64 isn't. Even without better bus speed, it would still be a lot faster for that reason alone.

As for the main logic board, no idea. As for the compatibility question, also no idea. :)

Back