Fat Joe and Pitbull

lucky13

I'm on this BBS a lot, but not very often in this forum. Unlike some of the jackasses on here, I have a lot of love and respect for hip-hop music. I'm more involved with working in rock music because I'm more knowledgeable about it, but I listen to everything. Most of the hip-hop I listen to is less commercial, I'm not up on the more pop oriented stuff. Anyway, I've come into an opportunity to bring Fat Joe and Pitbull to my town for a concert around Christmas. It's going to be at a venue that holds about 2600 people, and I need it to sell out to make it worth doing. These guys both have albums dropping soon. Pitbull's is out 10/31 and Fat Joe's is coming out 11/14. I am in Phoenix, which has a huge Hispanic community, and these are both Hispanic artists. Do you think these guys have enough power to sell it out?

DUDe..they will sellout if you just had 1 of them..the Hispanic/Latino community(depending on how big they are in your area) will come and support thier artist..and right now they are tow of the biggest in their community that are doin something on putting their culture oon the spot..

so my answer to you is yes with the right promoting and enough time to make sure customers will be able to get money for tickets..

yea they can sell out easy....... probly cost a grip to get um both but yea...... goodluck wit that

Im sure its over 15 grand, or something like that...depend on the house take..

i will see if i can find out somewhere ..unless lucky13 will tell you what he will be payin to have them there..

For sure. Thanks for the heads up.

So it seems unanimous across the board that these guys could sell out. I'm gonna give it a shot. Hopefully it works out! I've never promoted before, so doing my first show with platinum artists will be cool! Thanks for the feedback all!

20 G's each in a venue of 2600?

That's almost $16 a ticket before the venue and promoter even get a slice of the pie...

At $20 per seat, the venue and promoter are splitting $12G's and that doesn't even account for paying for security, consessions workers, electricity for the event, sound engineers, etc....

Once you calculate it all in, you're looking at $25 or $30 per seat.... Anyone paying that much to see Fat Joe or Pitbull, is an idiot.

Offer them 6G's and a fish sandwich :D

Really it all depends on the ticket price and opening acts if you want to pack the house. Fat Joe and Pitbull aren't neccesarily "headline" acts IMO. I've never personally seen any of their shows but I wouldn't pay much to see them either. Either way good luck and let us know how it turns out.

He is marketing them in a mostly hispanic community..enven tho most of us wont pay that much to see them..his people will...you have to realize what his target is...and Fat Joe and Pitbull has the community love..so it should do find for him..i think he should try and get them down to 10 on the few..atleast..

lucky13 said:
I'm on this BBS a lot, but not very often in this forum. Unlike some of the jackasses on here, I have a lot of love and respect for hip-hop music. I'm more involved with working in rock music because I'm more knowledgeable about it, but I listen to everything. Most of the hip-hop I listen to is less commercial, I'm not up on the more pop oriented stuff. Anyway, I've come into an opportunity to bring Fat Joe and Pitbull to my town for a concert around Christmas. It's going to be at a venue that holds about 2600 people, and I need it to sell out to make it worth doing. These guys both have albums dropping soon. Pitbull's is out 10/31 and Fat Joe's is coming out 11/14. I am in Phoenix, which has a huge Hispanic community, and these are both Hispanic artists. Do you think these guys have enough power to sell it out?

Fat Joe is half Cuban and half Puerto Rican and Pit Bull is Cuban. These guys have what it takes to rock a show for hispanics as well as other races The trick is location and timing. What's your competition looking like as far as other concerts being held around christmas? If it is at all possible I would try and hook up with your local radio station dj's and see which radio station is cool enough to have callers call to win free tickets to the concert. you could probably start the 1st day of December or the middle of December off by giving one free ticket away a day up ontil the day of the concert. The free tickets will ensure those people come and then they will want their friends to come who in turn will have to pay for a ticket. Definitely start promoting early as possible before people start making plans to do other things.

Holla at the clubs and see who is willing to give you the most to have them show up for an after party, that is if Pitbull and FatJoe are going to stick around after the show and not charge you extra. Make sure you have it in the contract if you are going to provide so many limos and what hotel you and their booking agent negotiated on and any other plans you all settle on in writing. be sure to include in a respectful way that they can be sued for all financial losses if they fail to fullfill the entire agreement. These guys have done many shows and probably have a certain way they like things done (male diva's), but i'm sure they'll request it all in the contract. If they start to feel uncomfortable around any groupies, male or female, do your best to have the star struck person to ease up a little, that way you can prevent any damaging altercations.

This is important! like mentioned above by some other guys, after you tally up all of your out of pocket expenses down to the last penny then you have to figure how much you need to sell each ticket to recoup and make the profit you want. If that ticket is going to be priced at an amount that Fat Joe and PitBull can't help you sell then don't do it! I know that you didn't ask for all of this and i'm sorry for my ramblings.

Last edited:
I appreciate your advice, no need to apologize. I've looked into a lot of that. I've got the hottest DJ on the "Latino Vibe" radio station on board to MC the event and promote it through the radio station. I've got sponsors lined up for this, and the hispanic community is huge in Phoenix! I just heard from their manager that Christmas isn't going to work. They're both busy, Pitbull's album drops 10/31 and Fat Joe's on 11/14, so they're pretty booked. I was looking at November, but the only day available, Ice Cube, Chingy, Young Joc, and a lot of other guys are playing a HUGE festival. So that's out. It's starting to look more like January or February.

Again thanks for the input and advice.

hey - u could also locate some local indie artists and have them invest in the show or pay for a slot on the "warm up" session of the show - before joe n pitbull hit hte stage . . .

Yeah there's a local latino hip-hop group called Sol Camp, we're talking to them right now. I'm very into the local music scene here and every event I do is going to support the local scene.

Back