fat compresed drum sound???

OstiaMan

hi I'm recordin on the DIGI001 and Im wondering how can I can I get that fat squash compresed sound, I tried putting comp on every thing but just dosnt sound good.
any settings sugestions?

thanks!

Get you a couple of Behringer Composer Pros. To get a "Squched" Sound, you will have to lower your threshold and raise your ratio to all the way or close.

yeah I dont really like the compresors on the DIGI, I also have some comp from bombfactory(1176 and LA-2A) and waves.
but stil dont get "that" sound,
the 1176 gets really close

I disagree, while the digirack comp may not be great, its definatly not bad. I've got the waves bundle, and I still use the digi for lost of things.

I picked up an Aphex easy rider 4-ch compressor, sounds pretty good. And it was cheap. Not much control, but its easy as hell to use (only 2 knobs, drive and output.. and a switch for speed). Makes the drums just about as punchy as I could take them

Scott

In my research while making my music I've learned alot of today's live drummers are also triggering sampled sounds at the same time. OR the producer records each drum, cymbal, hihat, snare, bass, etc, as seperate channels and then triggers other sounds and somtimes actually replaces the original recorded drums completely. A common setup for todays music seems to be live drums and a sampled kit played at the same time. I've ALSO read where they will do something like this, record the live drummer, then have 2 slightly different sampled kits trigger the same playing, but pan the sampled kits slightly left and right. The SAME technique used to fatten guitar tracks!! When you say "fatter sound" that doesn't always mean compression was used.

Back