"Fat" channel for 2k

BigRay said:
Well damn, another steeler! I play too.(though I am just a youngun) My MSA S-10(3+4) is my main piece, but I play a 1973 rickenbacker lap steel a lot too. Shoulda figured you being a steel player out by your handle alone.

Nice to have another steel player around!

I just traded a 2004 Martin 000-15 for a 50's National 8 string in damn near mint condition with original case and legs. The closest thing I could find to it on the internet was a double neck Supro at Elderly Music - but it looks indentical except for being one neck and a little different color scheme. I've been told that National, Supro and Valco were all made in the same factory.
Any suggestions on a good instructional book for 8 strings?

I know this isn't as cool as the steel's that you guys play, but it's a good one for this wannabe!

Well, I learned a lot from Cindy Cashdollar's videos. www.cindycashdollar.com
she is awesome!

tkingen said:
I just traded a 2004 Martin 000-15 for a 50's National 8 string in damn near mint condition with original case and legs. The closest thing I could find to it on the internet was a double neck Supro at Elderly Music - but it looks indentical except for being one neck and a little different color scheme. I've been told that National, Supro and Valco were all made in the same factory.
Any suggestions on a good instructional book for 8 strings?

I know this isn't as cool as the steel's that you guys play, but it's a good one for this wannabe!

Thanks a bunch guys :)

Can you recommend the most crazy, colored sounding gear out there? I'm talking stuff that does more than add a little sauce to the sound, add some shimmer or a but of booty. Anything will do.

Fearn stuff is pretty thick. Electronaut too. Also, Sebatron..

Halion said:
Thanks a bunch guys :)

Can you recommend the most crazy, colored sounding gear out there? I'm talking stuff that does more than add a little sauce to the sound, add some shimmer or a but of booty. Anything will do.

I used to own an old ALtec .Yes that was a FAT tone.The only problems I had with it were maintenance.So I had to sell it.

Back