Fastest guitarist in the world - official

Again ... (and I know this is only your opinion), but what is exactly "fast?"

What's the bpm limit on playing with emotion?

No limit at all, of course. I just don't personally tie emotion and shredding. I really enjoy listening to Alter Bridge and Disturbed, and they always have shredding in their songs. Sometimes I like it, other times I feel its unneccessary.

Its all a matter of opinion. I'm glad there are people out there that can shred and sweep and all that madness because I know I sure as hell can't do it.

Like I said

Right on! My question is how do chicks feel about all this string scraping? After all it's not how fast you play but how good your ass looks in tight leather pants. I didn't see any chicks in the video. Are you sure he's scoring?

OK I finally watched the video, and that is pretty kickass. Yes, it wasn't good at 170bpm, he was too impatient. Understandable; this piece is supposed to be prestissimo. At 260bpm it was really good. Dropped off a bit in terms of the melody at 300bpm, but actually the 320bpm version was good again.

One thing that sets this apart is the piece is a great melody at high speed; it's what's missing in a lot of shred. So when you trot out this or Paganini, it adds quite a lot to the genre. The reality of most shred is that most guitarists don't have time to learn how to shred and learn how to write a great melody at the same time, especially a melody that really works played at speed.

When shredders lean towards swept arpeggios, that usually doesn't help the matter, since it makes for a poor high-speed melody. This guy doesn't rely on the easier speed of the sweep, and it shows.

I would like the guy to really put in more expression (a bit less palm muting here and there, for example) at 260bpm, and this would be a really killer track (minus the canned backing).

Did anybody else notice the background shred while the annoying MC was doing the intro? That was pretty good, nice and melodic.

OK I finally watched the video, and that is pretty kickass. .....
Did anybody else notice the background shred while the annoying MC was doing the intro? That was pretty good, nice and melodic.

I finally watched it too, and yep.... I noticed that background stuff and wondered why it hadn't become a topic of conversation....
I don't know quite what to think of it, honestly. I would love to see him do it in person and up close, because the video just doesn't capture it very well.

Personally, I thought Nuno did a pretty good job of this song back in the 90s when I first heard a guitarist do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6DYsi9lBcI&feature=related

Of course, Nuno uses a 3/16 delay to help him out, effectively allowing him to play at half the speed, or eigth note, and get sixteenth notes.... here's an explanation complete with tabs... http://www.azchords.com/e/extreme-tabs-1391/flightofthewoundedbumblebee1-tabs-178293.html

Of course our Super-Hero here doesn't use a delay.....
Or does he??? ;)

Back