Farily new song - new fully produced demo "The One"

Jagular

Hi guys. Didn't post this in the mp3 forum as I didn't mix it and I consider it finished. I did however record all the vocal parts and acoustic guitar at home and the producer did the rest. This is a Contemporary Christian song in an Alt Rock/Pop style. I intend to pitch this to publishers in Nashville (CCM publishers). Since it turned out so good I may even pitch directly to CCM radio with me as the artist. I got three leads in that direction in the last two weeks (and I wasn't even looking for them. They just kind of appeared). Probably next to impossible, but worth exploring.

Let me know what you think.

VBR mp3 (better quality)

or you can find a 128 kbps file & lyrics on my songs page http://www.johnkscott.com/songs .

Producer on this song is Dave Hab http://www.davehab.com if you want to check him out.

Hi John,

I took a listen, and then sought out some CCM on my drive home last night for comparison. I'd suggest pushing the song, as was your original plan. The stuff I heard on radio could have been any hit music station - the performance and production values were indistinguishable from any recent Michelle Branch hit.

Good luck with this song and thanks for continuing to share your experiences on the road the succuess - it's nice to see someone trying to do more than write songs no one will hear.

nice job!

I thought the second verse came on strong and the tune really motored from there...
The first verse & intro didnt quite get at me enough.
Just a combination of vocal phrasing and playing.

I know thats a little vague-just going with first impressions.
Great chorus/harmony etc.

Good luck.
JF

Thanks for the listens & remarks guys. I really appreciate it!!!

Update on this song. Someone in the industry heard the finished demo and gave me the email address for a Sr. VP of A&R at Word/Warner (yes that Warner - Word is one of their Christian music wings). He said I "had to try to get this to Mr. X". Catch is I can't use his name for an intro for a reasons I understand because of his position. A very diplomatic email was sent last night requesting permission to submit the song to him. I'm now waiting impatiently for a reply.

Meanwhile I think there is one publisher (who I have already signged one song to) who wants this, but I want to pitch it to another one (a small publisher who just got a Dove Award nod this year and who I have been friendly with for some time but have not pitched to yet).

It's a long way from actually getting a major label cut (which is one of my intermediate goals along my journey) but not bad for the first song I actually had professionally demoed I guess. I guess I'll keep on keeping on!! It ain't over until my name is in the liner notes and I get that royalty check ;).

:D

Back