Famous guitar sounds recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people get touchy about acoustics. Personally, the only thing I ever found that they improved in my electric guitar playing were my callouses.
It's just two different styles...and different intent.
You could just as easily say playing banjo improves electric guitar playing. ;)

I think it's obvious that ANY type of string instrument playing will add something to the pot...but I don't see anything special about playing acoustic being some stepping stone to better electric playing.

When I was very young, I wanted to learn to play the sax --- just loved that sound.
Of course, some teacher suggested to my folks that learning clarinet first would be "smarter", since the transition to sax would be easy...and I would then have 2 more instruments under my belt.
Well...that all might be true...but I HATED the sound of the clarinet, and after a few months tossed it aside and gave up on the idea of learning the sax. :(

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate acoustics. I actually use them quite often as additional rhythm mixed in with my electric guitars. I find it gives a nice texture, rather than just going all electric rhythm. I've even done some lead lines on acoustic...
...but at the end of the day, for me it's all about the growl and bite of an electric guitar and tube amp that gets me wet. The ability to push some air and to feel it in the gut.

But I do bring that acoustic when I go camping!
The women love it. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back