falsetto / Head voice ?

yiordanaki

I hope that this forum is still visited at times.................

What I would like to know is everybody's views on the differences / similarities between "Head voice" and falsetto.

Do you think they are the same thing (as many people do) or are they distinctly differently produced?

AS far as I understand (from reading and practice), THere are three "voices" (chest, middle and head) and then there is falsetto, which is just the vocal chords restrictingly vibrating (ie. only the outer edges). So technically falsetto is entirely different from the other 3 voices which are all produced with good vibrations (heheh) and mixtures with resonant head tones.

ANY THOUGHTS?

yiordanaki

I've noticed very few vocal coaches i've been with call it "head voice" Thats what they use for women, for men its Falsetto. I'm a sophomore in college. I've taken voice for years, and i've always noticed it being called falsetto to me. But, i am in no way majoring in voice, nor have i based my life around it, i work at it, but even my teacher says a lot of my voice comes natural. So if i'm wrong, i am.

It's funny - I went around this with my vocal teacher last year - I sang a falsetto note for her, she told me that it wasn't falsetto, it was head voice. I tried to prove her wrong, but didn't have much to go with, especially since I seem to have lost the high end of my falsetto (I'm really freakin old). So maybe she's right. I always produced falsetto at the back of my throat, whatever this is I'm using now is "placeable" - I can put it anywhere. It also ony goes a step or two above my chest voice.

Daf

CK98Beeetle - interesting. In clarification, I was told that head voice is not where it actually comes from - but the area where it "feels" like its resonating.

Falsetto doesnt really resonate, it sort of just happens (for me anyway) and there is no real substance. (eg the beegees).

BBS - you're hilarious....... :rolleyes:

tjohnston - im not sure how to interpret that sentence, do you mean it is or it isnt?

daf - "Really freakin old"?? hehe I was told that the male voice peaks between the ages of 35 and 50. are you within that classification?

yiordanaki

Re: Clitoral/Vaginal orgasm??

Blue Bear Sound said:
Are they the same or produced differently???

Well.... are they?

According to Masters & Johnson, they are the same.

Physiologically, the muscle contraction response involved in orgasm is the same regardless of the area of stimulation.

Also, clitoral structures known as crura are stimulated during stimulation of the vaginal tissues, thus involving both the clitoris and vagina in an orgasmic response.

Of course, independent verification of the current research is always welcome.

Get to it, boys!!!

Back