Falling Away (acoustic)

rockcamaro97

hey guys, this is the 1st post of some of my work on here. I have some experience working with other people and finalyl decided it was time to get some gear of my own and start churning out some music. Well, we were doing some gear testing one night getting familiar with my equipment b/c i went with a setup i wasnt familiar with but felt it would yeild better results, and this popped out and we really liked it. So ive posted it on a few sites and got good response. This was just a quick deal, done in about an hour.

This track was recorded using a DI from the fender acoustic(eq on the guitar was flat except for pulling some lows out, guitar was MAD boomy) into the firepod, and an AT3035 6"-8" off the bridge through a Presonus Tube pre i had laying around, into the firepod. Not the best sounding pre, but it knocked the chill/brittle sound out of it. I used Sonar 4 for editing.

Lemme know what you guys think!

Twisted Motive- Falling Away (acoustic)

Thanks in advance
Matt

Reminds me a bit of Curt Cobain, but then again other parts make me think of Soundgarden and other parts of Silverchair...so I don't know what I'm thinking. It's pretty cleanly recorded. Nice to hear if you decide to put some further instrumentation on it. So, well done. Firepod hey? I have the Firebox, just out of interest

My cheapo Koss cans are wrapped around my ears right now, but I think this sounds pretty darn good. Good song too. One of the better DI acoustic sounds I've heard.

90's in a nutshell

I like it, it certainly has a 90's feel to it. I am a big fan of the 90's sound. It seems to be the best music since the early seventies with the exception of the Police, Metallica and a few others.

The recording itself is clean and easy to listen to. I would like to hear a full take of this song with bass, drums, and whatever else you hear in the song. It strikes me as very radio friendly as well. You get an A. :)

Back