Faderport not working

apoczen211

I have osx 10.8.2 and just received a faderport for xmas. I can't seem to get the firmware updater to recognize the faderport. Everytime i do the firmware updater it says that the faderport cannot be recognized and my not be connected but it is and i have followed every instruction on each prompt. Does anyone have advice for the install of this?.. Driving me nuts!

It does, yes.
Just have a google to be certain there isn't a more recent version available.

Does the computer recognise the device at all?

Also, are you plugging into a hub or a front pc port? Try another direct port if you can.

its my macbook pro its the native usb port on the left side. I cant tell if the computer is recognizing the faderport at all. I plug it in it lights up, I follow the prompts. then it says the error message. I get to the point where I make the 3 lights blinking and it says the message after.

Faderport can be a tricky little bitch. Though, I am a PC guy, and cant help much here. I believe Presonus has a forum, that may help you to find your answer.

Best of luck, and Merry stuff to ya!

i just wrote presonus tonight.. waiting for the response. Ive read many threads about the tricky, bitchy, ways of the faderport... Its so hard to not be able to use a device that looks so cool..:mad: Thanks for the Merry stuff Jimmy, hope your holiday is awesome!

Thanks! Actually, it not that hard really, well, once you have stressed for days, then found out how to get it working. Then do it again.

The issue is with the FP installer. On PC anyway, it never places the .dll file into the right folder. You have to find it, then paste it into the right place. And then make sure it is the one for your software install bit rate, not the OS you are running. I know, not relevant to you probably, but still, I feel better now. :)

Enjoy that holiday!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Just to close this post up. I called Presonus and spoke to the rep that --in a round about way-- told me the problem is the Faderport is not compatible with USB 3.0. He sounded like he didnt want to say that, so he had me say it then assure me the port is the possible reason..Kinda weird...Not sure if there is a fix on the horizon so this thing may be DOA for me :cursing:

Cubase 7 32-bit and Faderport woes

I had the same problem with the Faderport Firmware Updater not recognizing my device. I'm waiting to hear back from them on that question. I didn't think of the USB compatibility issue. I suppose you could update the Faderport device firmware using a PC instead, then attach it to the Mac after updating.

I also had funky installer issues for Cubase 7 32-bit. I followed the instructions on pg 14 from the old Faderport v1.0 manual and it worked. Search Google for "5525-Fader-Port%20Presonus%20manual.pdf"

Basically, I copied the Faderport.bundle file from the Applications/Faderport/Cubase folder to Applications/Cubase/Components folder. From the Finder, you have to right-click/control-click on anything that is a "...pkg" file or Application file and select "show contents" to get inside. Worked fine according to instructions on the Presonus support site. Look for the item titled "FaderPort - How do I set up my FaderPort in Cubase/Nuendo?"

The Faderport has a nice, solid feel as a control surface. I like it better than the squishy Steinberg CMC control surfaces. Too bad they don't fix their installer bugs.

I'm having the same issue on my iMac 10.8.5. In your last post in this thread you said you spoke with a presonus rep. and they insisted that it was a USB 3 port issue. The USB 3 ports on Macs are said to be USB 2 compatible. Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I recently contacted presonus tech. support with this problem and am waiting for a response. Sorry to stir up an old thread but I'm determined to get this baby working! Thanks for the posts. Cheers.

The device being USB incompatible seems unlikely, however, the firmware update software may not like USB3.
Is it possible to update firmware on an other machine (USB2) then try to use it on your USB 3 machine?

Back