fader, knob, and button controls with midi cables

.Tyson Studios.

I LOST THE GAME
I have the axiom 61 midi keyboard and at first i used the usb cable. but after using it a few occasions i noticed im getting interferance from the usb cable. so i am switching over to midi cables and power supply. bought em, and then noticed i got the wrong votage so it didnt even fit. am i still going to be able to control the faders, knobs, and buttons going through midi? Thanks in advance.

Yes. I'm using an Akai MPK-49 and ditched the USB connectivity because it was conflicting with my MIDISPORT 8x8. Now I'm using a RS wallwart power supply and all MIDI is routed through the MIDISPORT and MIDI-OX.

I use the Akai to control both soft synths and a Moog Taurus 3 bass pedal and it works like a champ. I can control any MIDI parameter of the T3 with this setup.

No. Absolutely not. C7sus misread your post.

If you do not have the correct DC adapter connected, using just the midi cable will not work. The current loop in a midi connection is limited to about 20 mA, which is not enough to power anything. USB supplies 25 times more power. When using just the midi IO you MUST have the right DC adapter connected.

No. Absolutely not. C7sus misread your post.

If you do not have the correct DC adapter connected, using just the midi cable will not work. The current loop in a midi connection is limited to about 20 mA, which is not enough to power anything. USB supplies 25 times more power. When using just the midi IO you MUST have the right DC adapter connected.

IHNFI what the Axiom uses, but in no way did I interpret what the OP asked as trying to use MIDI to power the keyboard controller.

Take the controller to Radio Shack, they have all kinds of power supplies available and use a modular system of interchangable adapters so they will have something that will work in your case. The purchase of the wall wart includes an adapter to go with it.

Also, I'm not sure about the interference that the OP was getting from the USB cable, but in my case Sonar8.5PE wouldn't recognize two MIDI USB interfaces at the same time. Ditching the USB cable on the MPK solved the problem, and I just routed the MIDI through my original MIDIsport 8x8 interface.

Back