Facing Worlds, a new metal tune to love and hold and cherish

monkeymanx

SoundClick artist: Straight Jacket Sunday - page with MP3 music downloads

Please let me know if the low end is doing good on this one. I approached the bass guitar differently than I usually do. My ears are tired. I'm debating buy a sub to mix. It would be cool if somebody would just build me a damn studio to do this stuff in. Comments are much appreciated. Also, I had a sinus infection while singing. My lead guitarist ran the DAW for me even though I was right next to him loaded up with vicks vapor rub and no shirt LOFL!

Well I don't know how you reguarly do bass, I don't think I've heard any of your tunes. There are a lot of people on here with way better listening environments than me, but I think the bass sounds pretty damned good. I like this tune a lot. The guitars sound pretty good to me and I really like the slow break in the middle. I'm assuming this is an original and if so I like the style. The vocals sound pretty good, especially if you had a cold, that is pretty good lungs.

Trump

Thanks guys. My listening environment isn't the best either, I just make do with what I have. I was thinking of buying a sub but it may just sound muddy since my room isn't treated.

I used to just run the bass into an amp sim and EQ to taste. This time around I seperated the highs and the lows for more control. Also I added some overdrive to the higher bass frequencies. So it was a bit different than what I usually do, I like it better this way.

This is pretty good man, reminds me of SOD in small parts.
Nice performance and mix. Guitars and bass chug along nicely.
Nice work!:)

I dig this man. Your vocals sound like Warrel Dane and Rob Halford had a kid. If I have to nit-pick I would say it could stand to be a tad brighter. But hell, I want to hear more.

Listening on headphones. Sounds pretty good. I think the guitars could be a bit bigger. This would be a good quad tracked guitar song. I think an exciter on the mix would open this up a lot. Good job.

I'd say Nevermore is one of my bigger influences. Same with one of the other guitarists. He is also into Priest and Halford, I'm not really though but I do like Maiden. I also like a lot of other stuff too. I usually just try to find the voice that fits best to the parts I'm singing and run with it. It could be brighter, that is true. I just didn't want to hype it too much where it hurts peoples ears because it is too bright.

The guitars are actually quad tracked and panned hard. I don't use exciters any more, they can get really really harsh, especially on a final mix. My old live rig had a sonic maximizer and an aural exciter. One I used to thicken up the bass and other other to drive the high end on my guitar rig. I think my rack mount gear weighed more than my two cabs lol!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Very well done here. It rocks on the monitors. Great performances, songwriting, vocals and arrangement. I can understand the lyrics too - bonus!
:cool::D

I can understand the lyrics too - bonus!
:cool::D
Ha - that's so true - plus there's a lot of different vocal things going on and it keeps it interesting. Nice touch of echo foldback coming thru in parts. It's a pounding but melodic adventure - and Vicks is the best...

cool, energy-loaded track. the sound is a little bit too crushed for my taste & it sounds a little bit "muddy". i think the master-chain is not optimal. here some fast EQing, just as a different viewing angle / impression:

maybe its useful for you.

Back