F4F: How can I reach the next level with my music?

steffeeH

Hi,

I've been producing for a while now, and I currently struggle to reach the next level with my music.
I find it hard since I feel I no longer can simply step back and criticize my own music, so I thought I'd leave it to you.

Give feedback to my tracks, especially the "Oh Wait"-track and my Dada Life remix.
Be harsh if that's what you think is necessary.
How do you think my music can reach the next level?

The track aren't mixed nor mastered.

Here's the link to my Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/steve-hilo

Thanks!

Oh Wait: the kick loses power played back on small monitors. Do you want it to sound big on small systems?

There are too many of those faces on the Soundcloud page, too. :D

Oh Wait: the kick loses power played back on small monitors. Do you want it to sound big on small systems?

There are too many of those faces on the Soundcloud page, too. :D

That will be fixed in the mixingphase, thanks for pointing that out! :)
Yeah I know what you mean haha, it's because I haven't selected any certain image for the songs, so Soundcloud automatically insert my profile pic on all of them.
I'll have dedicated images to the songs when I upload the finished products.

How can I reach the next level with my music?

Hmm. If what we learned watching "Behind The Music" can be believed, then traditionally, the answer to this was drugs. And a modern spin on "drugs" would probably be "prescription drugs".

I just dropped in for the joke. I listened to your songs, and it's not really my kind of music, so I can't comment. Good luck.

The dada song - is that your song or did you just remix somebody's tracks? It has a lot more power than your demo and more interesting parts. Your demo below it has some good stuff too just not as much. You're doing okay so far, again the number of changes makes the song interesting to me. I am too old to rave but I can appreciate the work that goes into programming this stuff.

I listened to Dada Life, sounded pretty right for the genre. Maybe It could have 'pumped' around the kick more? Don't listen to a lot of EDM, but last time i really listened to much it was all psy- trance, and it seemed to really need all that side-chaining. Not saying this is psy trance, so i don't know if that even matters to you. I suppose that's what you mean by not mixed yet and they are the sorts of fixes you'll do, mostly FX? I listened to the whole track through, and it held my interest. Don't know about the next level, i reckon that's your decision alone.

The dada song - is that your song or did you just remix somebody's tracks? It has a lot more power than your demo and more interesting parts. Your demo below it has some good stuff too just not as much. You're doing okay so far, again the number of changes makes the song interesting to me. I am too old to rave but I can appreciate the work that goes into programming this stuff.

It's pretty much my own track, the only things making it a remix is the voice and the melody in the break.

Back