F/S killer tube combo (seymour duncan)

wesley tanner

Seymour Duncan Convertible 100.

here's what I can think about it so far...

100 watts (can be switched to 60 via triode/pentode switch)
vairiable wattage on top of that, from 5-100 watts

1x12" celestion sidewinder

built in fan in chassis to keep the tubes cooler.

has 2 grounded outlets for additional stuff.

switchable ground lift

tube rectifier

interchangable preamp tube modules (oh yeah, you can switch um out and get wildly different amp response)

full tube preamp and poweramp (el34s, can be rebiased for 6l6's)

I'm looking to get 400 out of it. The tubes are relativly new, within 3 or 4 months of 5-8 hours a week use, and with a rectifier tube, it's impossible to turn the highwatts on, and I'm obsessive about that, too! This amp is heavy as hell, so if there's anyone near who'd like to pick it up, that'd be cool. I will ship it, but I'll have to check on what it'd cost, pm me, we can split the shipping or something if you're interested.

oh, the reverb doesn't work, but I'm going to look into that this week, I believe it's just a spring that's come loose. I never use verb, so it's never bothered me.

shipping looks like around $50, I'll chomp down on half of that

forgot to mention, I'm the ebay seller wesfuhrman. not a ton of sales, I know, but nothing negative :D !

ahhh... this is tempting. Two things... Did you figure out the reverb problem? Do you happen to have any sound clips? Thanks - Jason

just got back from minneapolis tonight, i'll check out the rever tank tomorrow, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. What mic would you like me to mic it up with? ahh ha ha ha ha... yeah, I'll do some sound samples on sunday evening. any particular type of sound you're looking for? it has a ton of tweaking options...

2 high gain 3 normals and a classic

What would you like me to make it sound like? it's pretty flexable, I'm going to do some recordings tonight or tomorrow with it.

Did ya figure out that reverb issue and record some samples? I'm certainly interested. This sounds like a very versatile amp for the studio.

-Brad

Back