EZDrummer2 with Reaper

mjbphotos

Before I start looking over at the Cockos forums, thought someone here might know the quick answer.

Whenever I insert (drag/drop) a drum loop from EZD2's EZD2 library (doesn't happen with other libraries) onto the Reaper MIDI track, the loudest hits on snare, kick and hi-hat are always full blast (100 on velocity scale). Any idea where in the settings (must be the library settings) this could be to change it? If I 'select all' and lower the volumes of all snare hits, the soft ghost hits disappear down to 0 velocity of course. In the EZD2 drum GUI, the velocity knob is in the default center whenever I look.

In Reaper's piano roll editor you can select the individual ghost notes using CTRL-Left Click, then from Reaper's Actions list search Velocity and choose to change by.. whatever. If all your ghost hits are of the same velocity, and no other notes share that value, I think you can select all notes of that velocity to begin with to save a few steps.

I don't believe EZ has a Velocity curve adjustment such as SD3 - not sure if that would do what you want either.

In Reaper's piano roll editor you can select the individual ghost notes using CTRL-Left Click, then from Reaper's Actions list search Velocity and choose to change by.. whatever. If all your ghost hits are of the same velocity, and no other notes share that value, I think you can select all notes of that velocity to begin with to save a few steps.

I don't believe EZ has a Velocity curve adjustment such as SD3 - not sure if that would do what you want either.
Yes, I know how to edit individual notes - and you can also 'lasso' groups of them to adjust at once. Just can't figure out why the l;oudest hits are all full blast, and thinking there must be some way to adjust them in the settings, otherwise I have to manually adjust every time I insert a new loop..

Yes, I know how to edit individual notes - and you can also 'lasso' groups of them to adjust at once. Just can't figure out why the l;oudest hits are all full blast, and thinking there must be some way to adjust them in the settings, otherwise I have to manually adjust every time I insert a new loop..
It appears this has been a problem with users for many years. Toontrack has been ignoring requests to add any type of control or adjustment to the program.

I'm assuming it's a problem within EZDrummer because of all the online complaints having EZ as the common denominator.

It appears this has been a problem with users for many years. Toontrack has been ignoring requests to add any type of control or adjustment to the program.

I'm assuming it's a problem within EZDrummer because of all the online complaints having EZ as the common denominator.
The funny thing is that it was not an issue on my old system running Win7, only started when I went to WIn10.

Back