EZDrummer2 vs. Jamstix vs. ???

I haven't used Jamstix, but recently upgraded from EZD1 to EZD2. It's a big difference and in a good way. I'm glad I finally upgraded.

+1
Glad I upgraded.

Regarding the MIDI groove conversation: Don't forget that, instead of searching/auditioning grooves, you can simply use/edit the exported GM MIDI drum track data from an SMF you're familiar with. Instead of driving yourself crazy trying to find beats to use/edit for, say, "Soul Vaccination", why not start by auditioning the SMF version? If you're equating your beats to a song you know, it's not a bad way to go.

Right now Toontrack is pushing all the EZD1 owners to upgrade to EZD2 because after Dec 31st...there will no longer be any upgrade path offered. IOW...you'll have to pay full price ($179) instead of the upgrade price ($99).
Also...at this time they are sweetening the EZD2 deal by including on EZX sample pack (your choice) with the EZD2 purchase.

So for upgrades...you would get EZD2 + 1 EZX for $99.

My thing is, I have no use for EZD1 (which I have) or EZD2...but I wouldn't mind another EXZ pack...though I could just buy an EZX pack for $79 and not bother with any upgrades.

I'll see what they do when the Black Friday sales start and into the holidays. There might be even better deals. :)

Right now Toontrack is pushing all the EZD1 owners to upgrade to EZD2 because after Dec 31st...there will no longer be any upgrade path offered. IOW...you'll have to pay full price ($179) instead of the upgrade price ($99).
Also...at this time they are sweetening the EZD2 deal by including on EZX sample pack (your choice) with the EZD2 purchase.

So for upgrades...you would get EZD2 + 1 EZX for $99.

My thing is, I have no use for EZD1 (which I have) or EZD2...but I wouldn't mind another EXZ pack...though I could just buy an EZX pack for $79 and not bother with any upgrades.

I'll see what they do when the Black Friday sales start and into the holidays. There might be even better deals. :)

What program do you use?

The EZX packs are typically on sale a couple of times a year for $30 (might go up to $40 with EZD2), so just wait.

What program do you use?

I use Superior Drummer...which I got right after EZD1, and I never, ever used EZD1 again.
All the EZX packs work in SD, so I've got a bunch of EZX and SDX packs.
That's why I have no real need to upgrade to EZD2...I would never use it.

The EZX packs are typically on sale a couple of times a year for $30 (might go up to $40 with EZD2), so just wait.

Yup...I'm waiting for the post-Thanksgiving madness. Oh, and I've noticed that with audio plugs...there will be some Black Friday/weekend sales...but then on Cyber Monday, they slash prices even more.
Last year I picked up a plug for a good sale price over the weekend....and then they went and cut the price even more on Monday. :mad:
It wasn't a big price difference...but hey, every few $$$ saved can be spent on something else. :D

FWIW,

The LoopLoft has their MIDI Bundle on sale for less than $50 (if you apply the XPSV15 coupon code). That's 15 loop pattern packages that work drag-and-drop easy with EZD2.

Paj
8^)

Back