ezdrummer w/ drumkit from hell kit

treymonfauntre

Magic Bag Of Sounds
wow, this sounds AWFUL. i just demoed it and i'm surprised they're even selling this. the multisamples on the kick drum are some of the worst i've ever heard.
has anybody else had the opportunity to try the expansion packs yet? i'm gonna go down there and try the vintage kit tomorrow, pretty excited about brushes.

I use EZdrummer, but not the DKFH one...

I don't think it sounds awful at all, although I've never heard DKFH.

I have the Vintage Rock expansion and like it alot. The Lugwig kit seems to really be fitting what I'm working on right now. I've no interest in the DKFH expansion for EXD - the Pop/Rock kit and Vintage kit are great IMO.

yea i thought the rock kit sounded good, but i'm shocked at how bad the dkfh kit is. i guess its geared towards making terrible numetal records or something...

i own both EZ drummer and the DFH addon. if you want i can throw together some clips from the groove library or if you have a MIDI i can run it through and upload an mp3

this is EZ drummer (not with the DFH expansion):

i just took the midi and imported it in and did some clean up work. if i would have spent time adjusting the velocities im sure it'd sound better but for only minutes of work i dont think it sounds bad at all.

i had a listen to the dfh add on............sounds like typical metal drums to me. i wouldn't really have any use for it though. the brushes in the vintage kit sounded good.

treymonfauntre said:
the multisamples on the kick drum are some of the worst i've ever heard.

do you really even need a multi sampled kick for metal? :D

i think the price points for the ezdrummer stuff is a little screwy. for you cost of ezdrummer and one add on, you can have dfhs.

I can second that the DFH addon sounds like crap. The "standard" EZdrummer kit is excellent though, and the DFH midi files works great with it even though some sounds are missing. Much better compatibility than I thought though.

Here's an unprocessed sample with DFH...
Sample

I don't really hear anything wrong with it...it would need to be tweaked for an individual song, but there are different drums you can use...this is a damped Sonar kick, medium eq...you can get more click with extreme eq, or you can use it undamped, or even a felt beater, if you want it boomier sounding.

Back