EZDrummer Mixes

phriq

Freon Productions
Hey everyone. I am not sure what section to put this in so I am putting it here, but I am working on creating my own midi tracks with EZDrummer. Right now I am using Reaper to run EZDrummer. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew how to track each part of the drumset (or mic used by EZDrummer) and render it as it's own individual wav track?

Since EZDrummer does not work with Adobe Audition (where I record and mix all my other instruments) I will need to make my drums on Reaper and then transfer the .wavs to Audtion. I would like to be able to have a track in Audition for each drum piece (or mic) so I can adjust levels with my mix for each peice (snare, toms, kick, etc) as opposed to having to mix it all in Reaper first.

Does anyone know how this could be done? Thanks!

I am not familiar with Reaper but I am with EZdrummer and I know you delima. I had the best results out of EZdrummer using it with a tracker. Yes, a tracker.....like oldschool amiga shit. Actually, I use modplug tracker for alot of vsti work. It works better for me as I can't actually play a keyboard well so using a midi keyboard would be a waste for me. modplug will allow you to run multiple instances of EZdrummer and assign each instance to a different track. Then all you have to do it solo each track and render the wav.

One more thing, if you like EZdrummer as much as I did, you will love Addictive Drums. http://www.xlnaudio.com/ Check them out. They are almost as flexible as a good DFH superior setup at a fraction of the size.

I'm not familiar with Reaper either, but ezdrummer supports multi-tracking mode. This is where each instrument or drum gets assigned its own track in the DAW's mixer. Hopefully, Reaper supports this also. Maybe that chart I showed you yesterday will tell you. However, the individual part is not separated out from the midi file, just the audio parts are assigned to individual channels or tracks.

Anyhow, on ezdrummer, open the mixer, at the bottom of one of the channels, select the track assignment. One of the options is multi-track, or something like that. You should see each drum in the DAW's mixer.

To break out the individual drum parts from the midi file requires cut and paste editing in the piano roll editor, if Reaper has one. A little tedious, but you only have to do it once per unique midi file, then just copy.

And lastly, ToonTrack has an app called EZPlayer Pro which can break the parts out into individual midi files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys! That information was very helpful. I believe I have got it to where each EZDrummer Mic creates its own track. Thanks again. I am going to keep playing around with this and will let you know if I have more questions. Thanks again!

Back