EZdrummer 2 Help please.

@ohcruelfortune - I have to agree that your interface is likely part of the problem. It costs more than you would think to get decent recording set up even for just a few direct inputs. However, if you are looking for an easier solution for drums I happen to provide session work remotely at a very reasonable rate. If you are interested let me know and we can get something worked out.

http://www.http://kemple-percussion.squarespace.com/

It is a Creative Titanium, and it has an entire run mode and midi functionality specifically for audio creation and recording, so I'd figure it would work just fine.

It is a Creative Titanium, and it has an entire run mode and midi functionality specifically for audio creation and recording, so I'd figure it would work just fine.

Sorry to tell you, but Creative is not thought of highly when it comes to audio recording. Yes, it has 24/96 capability, but look at the basic desciption from Creative's page:
Get extreme audio performance from your PC with the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card. You'll hear realistic EAX® 5.0 sound effects and 3D positional audio in your games that's so accurate you can locate opponents by sound - even over normal stereo headphones. Plus, get unbeatable performance with hardware accelerated audio. All your music and movies will sound better too with Xtreme Fidelity audio technology that restores the detail and clarity to compressed music files like MP3s.
The first clue that this is not a great audio interface: only 1/8" line/mic inputs. So, yes you can probably figure out how to use it, but I'd recommend getting a USB audio interface dedicated to audio recording.

Can't even tell you what I did, but I got it working, and apart from getting everything dialed in and getting to know my software better, this is what I've got. I know it's not superb quality mixing, but it serves as a proof that I can at least get listenable quality from this soundcard. As far as that topic goes, Of course, there are eventual plans to move onto a new build with doing this as perfectly as possible, but it simply isn't within my budget right now, so I'm making due with what I've got, which isn't a whole hell of a lot.

That said, I will be returning for more help, I'm sure, and to everyone who offered suggestions or criticisms, :-)listeningmusic: lol) thank you! If you'd like to hear what we've managed to work up so far, you can check it out below, done using one of EZD2's preset jam tracks and the JamUp Pro XT iPhone app.

https://soundcloud.com/waylonwhitson/grime

Can't even tell you what I did, but I got it working, and apart from getting everything dialed in and getting to know my software better, this is what I've got. I know it's not superb quality mixing, but it serves as a proof that I can at least get listenable quality from this soundcard. As far as that topic goes, Of course, there are eventual plans to move onto a new build with doing this as perfectly as possible, but it simply isn't within my budget right now, so I'm making due with what I've got, which isn't a whole hell of a lot.

That said, I will be returning for more help, I'm sure, and to everyone who offered suggestions or criticisms, :-)listeningmusic: lol) thank you! If you'd like to hear what we've managed to work up so far, you can check it out below, done using one of EZD2's preset jam tracks and the JamUp Pro XT iPhone app.

https://soundcloud.com/waylonwhitson/grime

Hey if you like it ... :eek: To me that sounds horrible. There's no low end, the drums are buried, although I guess the high pitched sound might be distorted hi-hat.

Having trouble following where your problem begins? Need more input! Based on what little you've told us, not much to go on. At first, it sounded to me like faders for O/H and Ambience (room mics) are too high because it makes everything sound tinny and crappy. But you say you've already tried that. There are some very good EZdrummer2 videos (tutorials) on YouTube. Check them out...I think it will help you because it's almost certainly a simple fix. I really like EZ2 and think it's a good program. Not to insult you, but you need to take the time to learn it.

As far as programming your own beats, I use "Tap to Find" to get a basic beat that's somewhat close to what I want. Then, drag it into my DAW and add/change/delete the MIDI notes until I build my own drums. It's labor intensive, but you can program every note if you want to.

Studio One is a great DAW but will take a little while to learn. Stick with it as it is well worth it. I've used a bunch of different DAWs and for what I do it is the best on hands down.

Have you tried using the built in drum thing to create a track and see if the problem still exists. This will tell you (and us) a lot and give us an idea of where to go from here. EZ is a good program so don't worry about dumping it yet.

Back