EZ Drummer License Question

Does anyone know if I can install EZ Drummer on two computers? How does the licensing work?

They allow you two simultaneous activations and 4 activations all told. If you rebuild your hard drive and reinstall on the same computer, that would be considered another activation. However, I have done this many times and only had to send them an email and they adjusted my activations with no problem.

And, actually, the last time I rebuilt my hard drive just a few weeks ago, I didn't need to email them; it considered it the same activation.

SO I'm the proud owner on a fresh new copy of EZ Drummer. Even though I'm a firm believer in paying for the software I use and I understand the idea of these develpopers trying to protect their property I really wish they could fiqure out another way.

I have two computers I want this on, first the laptop.

So I do the install, find out it's not compatible with 64 bit, I have another plug in I wanted to use that has issues with 64 bit so I just said screw it and uninstalled 64bit and reinstalled 32bit. Did all the cubase updates etc. I set up my account at Toontrack and confirm my e-mail etc, then I do the secret code routine and get my authorization code. Now EZ drummer works. Yay. I do the updates and find out the update has a 64 bit option. Yay. So anyway, I start to play in easy drummer and when I use the drag drop function it creates two insrument tracks for every groove I drag in, not adding it to the MIDI track I'm working on. A little googling and I find out you need to change one of the preferences in cubase and start cubase in administrator mode. Yay it all works.

Now for my desk top. First it wont install from the disc. I get some weird file error. A little more googling and find out if I download the install package from toontrack.com it will all work. Yay a 650MB download. I finally get it installed, I do their little secret code dance to get my authorization code and I'm away. Oh, hold that thought. My wireless card makes my firewire card shit the bed so I have to disable it when I'm playing in cubase. It turns out that change in my hardware config makes EZ drummer think it's on a different machine and now it's giving me a new computer ID # and is asking for a new authorization code.

It only took me 4 hours to install this on two computers and I still don't have the desktop sorted.

Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!!!!!! :mad:

Shoot them an email. They were very quick to respond when I had issues. Within a day and on a weekend one time. (Granted, when they first put ezd out, they were probably inundated with authorization issues!!)

Good luck.

Back