ez drummer and sonar 4pe

crazyjman

I wonder if anybody could help me with this. when I load ez drummer as a dxi effect I can play with the drums and listen to the grooves fine, but when I drag a groove onto the track and play it I hear nothing. I figured it must be something to do with the midi settings however this is not my area of expertise.
:confused:

crazyjman said:
I wonder if anybody could help me with this. when I load ez drummer as a dxi effect I can play with the drums and listen to the grooves fine, but when I drag a groove onto the track and play it I hear nothing. I figured it must be something to do with the midi settings however this is not my area of expertise.
:confused:
I have 5PE, and I set up the midi track output to a drum map called ezdrummer. My always defaults to the soundcard, so I have to change that everytime I load up ezdrummer. Hopefully it's something that simple for ya.

Be sure you drag the MIDI clips into the MIDI track, not the audio track. I have made that mistake several times.

Do you have drum maps? If not, there's a link on my blog to maps for the standard and cocktail kits.

that's funny that you said that because I just realized that I have to put ezdrummer as a fx on an audio track in order for it to come up as an output on the midi track.
Thanks for the help guys........
........however could you help with just one more question?

If i'm using my keyboard to enter drums to the piano roll, how can I do this in real time (jam on my keyboard to create drum tracks)? I'm noticing delay when I try to do it. Is this a latency issue or a midi config?

it's a latency issue. i usually keep my latency around 256 samples (about 6ms) when playing midi drums. 512 samples (about 12ms) works too but it kind of messes with my head. this is at a sample rate of 44100. you normally have to make the changes in your sound card's application but i think you can make the changes within sonar.

it's been awhile since i've seen sonar but i think it was under options, audio....

Back