external usb/firewire mixing desk for use with logic

iLogical

a member member
I really don't know anything about this.

if I got an external mixer could i use that to replace the onscreen mixer in logic?

i don't have much screen space and also don't like mousing the faders up and down. i would much prefer real faders and if possible that would have preamps and a sound card built in. just like a usb audio interface with a small desk on it really.

is there anything like this or even a combination of things that would add up to that?

thanks

Control surface + mixer + interface = Zoom R16.

The only thing it doesn't have, is motorized faders. But those are not essential in my eyes and if you want motorized faders, you 'll have to spend a lot more.

Control surface + mixer + interface = Zoom R16.

The only thing it doesn't have, is motorized faders. But those are not essential in my eyes and if you want motorized faders, you 'll have to spend a lot more.

thanks for being so specific! :)

do u know if that will interface well with logic?

Yes. Only ProTools needs special hardware. Pretty much all other stuff is more or less universal.

I'm thinking of buying a Zoom R16 myself, to replace my aging Soundcraft Folio. It seems to have all I need and then some and from what I hear the audio quality is good too.

Back