External effect on 2488 neo

kershawh

Can somebody please tell me the correct way to connect an external effect to a 2488 neo.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Take send 1 or send 2 to your effects and return signal to any of the inputs. Then you can assign the input to a track and record if you want to print a track or assign it to the sub/aux bus to monitor the track with out printing. Assign what tracks but using the send on each channel.

Take send 1 or send 2 to your effects and return signal to any of the inputs. Then you can assign the input to a track and record if you want to print a track or assign it to the sub/aux bus to monitor the track with out printing. Assign what tracks but using the send on each channel.

This is exactly what I do - sends 1 and 2 out to the rack, bring the effected signals back in on inputs C and D, assign to a stereo pair of tracks...this allows you to balance your dry and effected tracks nicely at mixdown to get exactly the sound you're after.

This is exactly what I do - sends 1 and 2 out to the rack, bring the effected signals back in on inputs C and D, assign to a stereo pair of tracks...this allows you to balance your dry and effected tracks nicely at mixdown to get exactly the sound you're after.

Forgive my ignorance, but why do people want both the wet and dry track to "balance"? Like, if the effected track has a bit too much of an effect, then you just put the dry track higher in the mix? Do most people always do two tracks (the wet/dry) for every part where they want an external effect?

Having separate effects/dry tracks is just another way of doing things. With the availability of virtual tracks it's just a safety measure to always keep a dry track in case you want to change effects on a track. In my case i will sometimes try different reverbs or delays once we get to putting a mix together.

Forgive my ignorance, but why do people want both the wet and dry track to "balance"? Like, if the effected track has a bit too much of an effect, then you just put the dry track higher in the mix? Do most people always do two tracks (the wet/dry) for every part where they want an external effect?

Keeping the dry and effected tracks allows many options during mixdown, from changing the amount of the effect to changing the effect altogether in order to get the best mix possible without needing to have someone redo a track because a permanent effect doesn't sound right in the final mix.

Except that it doesn't work. You can't hear your effect coming in, and it doesn't record the effect to any assigned track.

Back