exports slows down song

sellthekids

Okay this is pissing me off. I am using sonar 3. I am try to export a song into a riff wave or broadcast wave for that matter like i have done many times before. For some reason the song that is exported is slower than the song really is. I am using a art dio for my spidif and a prosonous firebox. Please help. I cant figure it out.

88? :confused: Never heard of it. :confused:

Anyhoo:

24/96 is a capablity, not a setting. I am GUESSING you are recording at 24/48 or something. Your soundcard and Sonar are probably not set to the same rate. I am sorry my technical jargon isnt clearer, I have seen the problem before though.

Check in Sonar under Options/Audio. That will show you the sampling rate and file bit depth. Then do the same with your soundcard/interface, I bet they are different. Most folks have the sampling rate at 44.1. If yours is 48 in one and 44 in another, it will be slower. I THINK :eek: Check it out...

Twice 44.1 is 88.2, so that's probably what he means.

DavidK has your answer there. If your file is 48kHz and you play it at 44.1 without resampling it, it will come out slower; and vice versa.

Back