exporting problem

UNIQNESS

I don't know what I touched but I can no longer export to an mp3 file. If I do export, I hear nothing from the mp3 file. Can you guys think of anything? I can't think of what I did wrong. When I exported to an mp3 file earlier, it sounded fine but the volume was not high enough. So I just increased the volume from my mixer to get near 0 but now I can't even hear anything from mp3 files. (I think I messed around with some settings in cubase too) I can playback in cubase with no problem. If I can't find out what I did wrong, I guess I will just get a program that converts from wav to mp3 but I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me out.

seems like you changed something in the save box, where you select mp3 etc, or you havent selected the mixdown properly

post a screenshot or details of the save area

Be sure "Stereo Out" is selected from the drop-down menu in the export box, you might have accidentally changed this to a Track, VST, Group or FX/Channel output by accident.

7499ebe3.jpg

here's the settings before i export the file. do you guys see anything wrong there? i tried exporting again with those settings, and it didn't work. do i need to check real-time export? i don't think i checked it when it worked the first time.

OK, i tried real-time export, and it somewhat worked. however, it took very long to export (like 3 min-4 min) and the sound is not as clear as the first one i recorded. (you know how you hear something when you have your regular speakers' volume really high even if there's nothing going into the speakers? i can hear that sound along with the music.) not to mention the volume is not high enough. :(

i just played the WAV file cubase created when i recorded. (on winamp) it sounded very clear and it's exactly how i want it. i guess i just need to use a seperate mp3 converter program for the mp3 conversion. is there any freeware mp3 conversion program you guys recommend?

Back