Exporting midi in the audio mix in SX2?

robbocop

Im using an M-audio Delta 2496 card and i've had a couple of years break from home recording so im having a touch of brain fade here.I have two midi tracks recorded in Cubase sx2 and 8 audio tracks.I obviously have to record the midi tracks onto an audio track so i can the export the lot as audio but i've forgotten how its done lol.I can remember the bit about soloing midi tracks singularly while recording them onto a new audio channel but it's how to configure the inputs,outputs on this particular card to do this?I was using a yamaha sw1000xg two years ago and seemed to get on ok with that.One other strange thing happened while i was practicing exporting the audio tracks themselves for the hell of it,it only exported the first 15 seconds??I had the markers set(the correct way round!)at the start and the end of the audio tracks? Any help appreciated,thanks!

File>Export>Audio Mixdown. Then choose to export from the vst instrument track in question, rather than stereo out.

Not sure about the thing about the first 15 seconds if you had the markers in the right place.

Just so it will help anyone else i figured it out myself and done it in a way i've never done it before.Last time(two years ago)i would record the midi tracks onto a newly setup audio track 'within' Cubase(Sound card out to sound card in or whatever way round it is).The way i done it this time (out of desperation!)was i soloed the two midi tracks i had,went to file-export-audiomixdown and it mixed the midi tracks down to an audio track,wherever you save it to.Then,i imported this newly made audio track back into Cubase(File-import-audio file)and then i had all audio tracks to export together!Obviously remember to mute or delete the midi tracks that you've just exported out that are still there in your project,this method is one i've never done before but it worked perfectly!!

I tried to plough through all that link a few days ago but found my way a lot easier,and i think a few others will too!If you trawl the internet there's hundreds of others can't figure out how to get midi to audio all within Cubase,using the above method.People can't understand about the routing things within Cubase to get the midi to the audio track.Whereas just export the midi out to an audio mixdown,import it back in,then export all audio together!

Just so it will help anyone else i figured it out myself and done it in a way i've never done it before.Last time(two years ago)i would record the midi tracks onto a newly setup audio track 'within' Cubase(Sound card out to sound card in or whatever way round it is).The way i done it this time (out of desperation!)was i soloed the two midi tracks i had,went to file-export-audiomixdown and it mixed the midi tracks down to an audio track,wherever you save it to.Then,i imported this newly made audio track back into Cubase(File-import-audio file)and then i had all audio tracks to export together!Obviously remember to mute or delete the midi tracks that you've just exported out that are still there in your project,this method is one i've never done before but it worked perfectly!!

your way wont work for me :(, i read practically everything and i'm still having problems...

i have the alesis dm5 pro kit, presonus firepod and cubase sx3, i have a midi cable coming from the out of the drum kit and into the in on the firepod, and a midi cable coming from the out of the firepod and into the in on the drum kit, i don't know if it's right, i'm new to midi, but its the only way i could get the midi track to record the drum samples from the drum kit instead of just playing keyboard notes in cubase.
i wish someone had my set up and could just tell me exactly how to do it. i am confused about recording the midi to an audio track, it wont work for me, i clearly am missing something.

Back