export individual tracks to wav

clazymike

In PA9, other than going through the wav data folder and listening to them, is there any way in one clean swoop that I can dump each track to a seperate individual wav file for later import into a different tracking or mixing program?

Thanks,
Clazymike

If each individual track starts at the same point (important for opening up files in a different program for sync purposes) you can open a track up in, say, SoundForge from Cakewalk and then do a "save as" and save them as a wave (I know, they already are) in a new folder and name them as what ever they are (i.e. rhythm guitar, kick drum, etc..). I've done this many times exporting stuff from Cakewalk to programs like Vegas and even ProTools (as AIFF files).

You can also mute all tracks except one, and then do a Mixdown Audio|Export to File. You will have to repeat this for each track in the mix. Tedious, but it works.

The data in your .wav folder will typically not be useful. In addition to the idiotic naming convention, the files may contain multiple tracks in a single file, or just portions of a track.

Back