Experimental music from DaveX

DaveX

After much ado...

You can find one of my songs at that location. It is called "Janet Leigh", but it should have been called "Tippy Headroom"... if you know Alfred Hitchcock, you'll understand when you hear the song. My stuff is usually fairly bizarre, and I was not sure what I wanted to post here, because I have no idea what sort of feedback anyone can really offer except "do you take requests?"
" Yes!"
" Then I request you be quiet!"

The song was recorded on a Tascam Porta02, with a cheap-ass Rat Shack mic or two, a flute-o-phone, and an echo pedal (slightly converted and put to WAY better use than normal)

DaveX

Congrats on your ability to publish what you wanted. I can hear the Birds influence. And the tape noise. :(
But I think your "Birds" noises had feeling.
Have you sent your stuff to Tom Erbe over at KCIA? That's an Internet station that plays this sort of stuff 24/7 being affiliated with The California Institute for the Arts in Valencia, CA. Check my website under Real Audio for the URL.

Interesting - I agree on the tape noise issue, & I also hear a hum in the background.
Anyway, I dig it - nice work.

How can I reduce the amount of tape noise? Porta02's only record at one speed... As for the humming, that may be the breath noise from the flute-o-phone. I tend to hum/blow into it, or it's signal noise. I'm not sure. It sounds a tad better on the actual CD I made, but I guess not much.

I REALLY wanted to post a link to another song I did called "Gear," but it was too large to fit on the remainder of my Angelfire page... so until I go to juston.com, you will have to simply ANTICIPATE! "Gear" was created almost entirely out of sounds generated by a 1/4" cable. There is a bit of guitar in it, mostly just feedbackish stuff... if I ran it through noise reduction, I think the whole song would disappear! However, I am keeping one secret: how you can alter the pitch and tone of your 1/4" cable like a theremin...
*evil laugh*

Thanks for the kind words about "Janet Leigh/Tippy Headroom"

DaveX

You can reduce the noise by using an editor like Cool Edit...yer stuff's pretty eclectic...looking forward to hearing the theremin sounding cable...there can be a big gap between tech and music as it is most usually accepted...see if you can bridge that gap without considering yerself selling out, but still making yer stuff accessible to guts and bones folks like me...the bird sounds do generate emotions tho...gibs

Back