Experience with the Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 I/O ?

punkin

Univalve & Avatar Speaks
I've been window shopping...Firewire surely seems the way to go these days and my PCI equipment is dated.

I've been doing a little research and currently the Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 I/O unit looks to fit in my budget and has features I'm looking for. The problem is I'm not seeing a lot of reviews on this product.

I've heard of the horror stories where some firewire boxes don't play nicely with certain PC components or require specific firewire chipsets.

Any one with experience with this product and any other recommendations or advice will certainly be appreciated.

Peace

i have used it it sounds fine, the pres are alright, the only downside really is that its not rack-mountable

It is rack-mountable.

On paper it looks an awesome interface. Focusrite are well known for their pre-amps too so it could be a great buy.

I was looking into getting one last year and I did read of a few problems that were occuring with them. However usually on the internet you hear the complaints and not the praise... ;) I'd be interested to hear about it...

I own one and use it regularly, the pres sound good for anything in the price group and its fairly straight forward to use.

My only problems are that you need to use the included software tool to turn the phantom power on or off, and I have had some slight pops and crackles ocasionally but that might just be my setup and home wiring.

Overall I think it's a great device, it can do up to 24/192 even though I only use 24/88.2. Another cool feature is that you can power it straight from firewire so it's easially portable too!

Also I've only used it on a Mac, not sure about how it works on a PC.

Last edited:
Back