Exchanging Data Between Roland V-series and Boss hard disk recorder???

Stinky

Hey folks,

I've got a few friends who are helping me mix some four track stuff, so I'm dumping tracks into their hard disk machines. Question is, can I somehow use the zips containing stuff mixed on the Boss digital eight track and transfer it to the Roland (which has an accompanying cd burner)? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm just trying to get this project done and can't get ONE of my friends to commit to doing the whole thing (despite bribes of cash, cigarettes, mail-order brides, etc.)

Make sense? Also, one of the guys has a computer with Pro Tools, so I could go that route, if it would work in any way. God, I fell like a dingaling. Please help me.

Thanks,

Stinky

I do not think that would work. You may be able to go from the 840 to a BR-8 but not the opposite way.

Yes you can

You should be able to transfer the files between the machines, depending on what VS models are being used. You can transfer a br-8 file to vs840 and vs880. I think it needs to go through a 2nd conversion if your going to a 1680 or above. The process is fully outlined in the br8 user manual.

Mark

I have done it.I have done it

Yes it is called importing I think. It has been a while but I know it is possible.
It is even possible the other way but the BR8 takes for ever on the zip.

You just have to make sure that the files are MT2. That is the format that the BR8 will understand. Not MT Pro or MT1 or Live that is found on the VS1680.:o

oH YEAH, i'VE "DONE IT"

I have a long distance collaboration going with another VS Planeteer, T57Strat. He can play a mean lead guitar, and I help him out by supplying a few drum tracks, and backing vocal tracks.

It takes about a zillion disk swaps to load his data from a VS 880, but when I send him my VS 840 Zip disks, I think he simply has to use an Import function, as was stated by Ears, and the data is loaded into his machine through his SCSI Zip drive.

It's not easy, especially on the VS 840 end.

I've also sent Zip disks to Colorado for rocky to master on his VS 1680.

Good News!!!

I'm going to take these options under advisement, but I don't think I'll need to do the file swapping after all. The guy who I was gonna work with on it flaked out a couple of times, but I found ANOTHER buddy to help me and we did a batch of songs over the weekend on his Cubase rig.

Lots of songs about poop, being mean to girls and a general lack of self-esteem. BUT YOU CAN FUCKING DANCE TO IT!!! Or something.

I'll eventually post some songs to the site when I get it together. Until then, thanks so much for your responses and, as always......

Rock On,

Stinky

Back