Exabyte (Electronic)

constantthought

Something a little bizarre I am working on, it would be good to get some thoughts on how it all sits n whatnot :D

Thanks for listening!

artworks-000061825421-aeas67-t120x120.jpg

Anyone got any comments that listened to it? I'm thinking of taking down the kick a touch but I want to verify it with a few other peoples systems before I edit it. Also need to add a bit more variation but it is only a rough layout demo atm. Some advice would be great

The kick in the mix I'm listening to now sounds fine. It even gets buried as the song progresses.

The main bass synth part with the slightly edgy feel to it is annoying. It's just not a pleasant effect/tone, and the rest of the instrumentation is very pop in comparison. Sometimes using opposing effects/styles works, but it doesn't seem to here (not to these ears).

Some cymbal work would add depth to the track, as it is there isn't much going on in the upper frequencies and it sounds lacking as a result.

Thanks for the advice Pinky. Yea there's not much cymbal work going on at all really so I'll add some and see how it sounds. The bass you're talking about was the first part I wrote I think and I kind of forgot about it in the mix as I worked on it, but now you mention it I can hear the abrasiveness- sounds like a duck being throttled haha.

Thanks for the feedback man :)

Back