EVH replica

metalhead28

Hates Raymond
Soon I will be able to fulfill the Van Halen fantasies I've had since 1984.

Oh, and I saved myself about $24.5k by not buying the Fender version. :p

I've got a lot of work to do, as I just sprayed the red tonight, but I couldn't resist a little mock up with the parts I have on hand.

100_2810Large.jpg

I didn't build the neck or the body.

It's just an alder strat body that I modified, and the neck is a Musikraft that I bought for a past project that was disassembled some time ago.

I am breaking a commandment right this very moment.

(Coveting--and just a little taking His name in vain; not murderin' or stealin' though)

I am breaking a commandment right this very moment.

(Coveting--and just a little taking His name in vain; not murderin' or stealin' though)

But you're contemplating one or both of those other 2 aren't ya?! Lock your doors, metalhead! :eek:

Phenomenal work, man. Looks really really good.

Holy crap, that looks like the real thing!
Well done, hope you can post some sound samples when it's ready.

PS. don't forget the cigarette burns on the neck!

Reminds me of the first strat I ever bought...and I even got money off for this too...it was candy apple red and the kid that had it before me did a tape job on it...and what happened is the finish cured and when you had it in the right light you could tell where the tape used to be....lol.

I did a little of the relicing tonight. Still gonna do a little more, but I don't want to overdo it.

I'm actually trying to go by some older pictures of the guitar rather than current stuff.

100_2840Large.jpg

I did a little of the relicing tonight. Still gonna do a little more, but I don't want to overdo it.

I'm actually trying to go by some older pictures of the guitar rather than current stuff.

100_2840Large.jpg

That looks bitchin. Are you gonna tint that neck any? Would look kool, imho. Great lookin axe!

That's hot.

/Paris

Let me know if you need someone to, um, relic the fretboard by playing it for a few thousand hours. I'm here for you, man. :D

Yes, I've mixed up a very dilluted, dark, alcohol stain, and I'm going to try to replicate the dirty look of the original by keeping it just a bit blotchy and uneven.

I got it set up and played through all the classic VH that I know tonight. It was way more fun than usual, this thing jams pretty good.

I stuck a standard set of 9's on there and I have the Floyd clamped down solid. For some reason, this thing feels twice as spongey as my regular guitar which has a floating trem. Those 2 1/2 step EVH bends are like butter. Lovin it.

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

On EVH's guitar, isn't that quarter up underneath the corner of the FR, to half-block it?

Back