everything u need....?

Sofisticated

what are all the modules / gear u need to make exceptional hiphop beats...underground to commercial....

i got a xv5050(synth module) and a midi controller but thats about it....what else is needed...drum machines?...akai 2000xl?...more modules?

what all do you have to make bomb beats...besides reason and fruity loops lol

You can probably make some nice shit on the 5050 and some nice sequenceing software... I guess you probably got some money just burning up you pockets though. So I say wait on the MPC1000 and just drop and G..... Now you got sequencing, sampling and synthing...

Personally i'd go software in your position... SONAR with a sampler VST and learn how to work that synth box.

oo werd good looks homie...

nah i aint got cash floatin had mah bday 3 days ago and got some change so u know...bout to add equiptment :)...have u used akais products?...kinda new to the beat makin shit just wondering how the sounds are...

Cat-daddy,

the only gear you need to be "exceptional" is you.

Use your 5050 with a sequencer & you'll be straight. If you don't like the drums, start building from there - pick up Lazi's 660 & leave it at that. Don't start adding more shit to your soup until you feel like it "needs" something else for flavor. I make beats, but kinda stray from the "more typical" b-boy set-ups. Most drum sounds I use I make myself (or twist out of bullshit presets), but I also have a dope-assed drum synth, too. You can do ill shit w/your 5050 if you want. I liked mine a'ight, but sold it due to a bit of gear redundancy. It's an ok box to use, especially if you add some cards...

Yeah, check on the roland cards & get yourself a couple of them to increase your TG potential & you'll be good to go. In fact, the reason I bought my 5050 was only because I could stick 2 of the roland sound cards in it (and I got it for about 600 beans of the floor).

Good luck,

Diendolo

hella bro...thats the same reason y i got the 5050 for expantion capabilities....but the drums are madd fuckin weak wow...so imma just end up gettin 1 more expantion card plus that 660 like u said and sonar like lazi said sounds good :)....maybe even another module emu - mophatt this time...

Back